Saturday, December 06, 2008

Felted Pullip Gnome Hat pattern



I love Pullips. They are so beautiful and fun. This is my first Pullip pattern and my first written knitting pattern. So please let me know if I need to change anything.
Materials needed:
Lionbrand Lion Wool in Classic Bright Red (enough for a baby hat)
size 10 (6.0mm) double pointed needles
stitch marker if you need it to mark beginning of round

CO 60 sts
divide sts evenly on needles
join in a circle
Knit in round all sts for 2"
Decrease as follows
Row 1: k1, k2tog, k18, k2tog, k18, k2tog, k to end
Rows 2&3: knit all sts
Row 4: k1, k2tog, k17, k2tog, k17, k2tog, k to end
Rows 5&6 : knit all sts
Row 7: k1, k2tog, k16, k2tog, k16, k2tog, k to end
Rows 8&9: knit all sts
Continue decreasing row and knit rows until you have 6 sts left.
Cut an 8" tail and pull the tail through all 6 sts on the needles and take hat off the needles. Pull tight since Gnomes have pointed hats. (I made a knot which I know is a no no. But since it would be felted I didn't think it would matter. I just didn't want it to come part during felting) Weave in ends.

The hat will look huge next to your doll.
Now felt it in your washer, with hot water with an old pair of jeans (I have an old pair I only use for this so I don't have to worry about ruining a good pair), until it is the size you want.

If you want a shorter less traditional gnome hat then instead of knitting 2 rows between decrease rows knit only one row. But watch it carefully if you do this during felting so it doesn't get to small to fast.

No comments: